Saturday, April 7, 2012

Free Ancestry.com

I have just returned from wintering away, only to be hit my a major winter blizzard! Ah me, such is life. But I have some good news for you below.

Ancestry offer free access to US records

Until midnight (London time) on 10th April you can access 750 million US records free at the Ancestry.co.uk site when you follow this link [http://www.ancestry.co.uk/home/new.aspx?o_iid=50816&o_lid=50816&o_sch=Inbound].Copy and paste the link, without the brackets. The datasets in this offer include the entire 1930 US Census, World War 2 Draft Registrations, numerous birth, marriage, and death indexes, plus migration and other indexes.

On some previous occasions Ancestry have only allowed access to the transcriptions, and not to the images - I'm glad to say that this time you can see both.

Pat

No comments:

Post a Comment